This is not classification as a Florida resident for tuition purposes, but a waiver for which eligible students can apply. The student will still be classified as a non-resident for tuition purposes.
Florida high school graduates who do not meet requirements for Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes, but who do meet the following conditions, are eligible for a waiver of out-of-state tuition and fees as dictated by F.S. 1009.26(12)(a):
1. Attended a secondary school in this state for 3 consecutive years immediately before graduating from a high school in this state;
2. Apply for enrollment in an institution of higher education within 24 months after high school graduation; and
3. Submit an official Florida high school transcript as evidence of attendance and graduation.
The waiver is applicable for 110 percent of the required credit hours of the degree or certificate program for which the student is enrolled.
A student who is granted an out-of-state fee waiver under this subsection is not eligible for state financial aid, which includes Bright Futures.
Note: Eligible students must apply for this waiver by the first day of classes. The form to do so can be found HERE.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, admission will be granted only in the fall for this specialized program. This is a 22‐month, 51 credit hour, full‐time program and consists of a cohort of about 30 to 40 students who complete the program in five consecutive semesters. Courses will run Monday through Thursday and will start between 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Requirements for admission to the program:
- GPA: 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation from both your academic and professional experience, signed, sealed and on letterhead or online
- Official transcript of your undergraduate degree from an accredited university, signed and sealed
- A current resume
- Some professional experience preferred
- Essay for DeVos Program. In the essay you are required to cover the following:
- Why you are applying for the DeVos Program? Have you applied to other sport business management programs?
- What is there about your work experiences and academic preparation that makes you confident that you will succeed in the world of sport business?
- Identify, based on what you have read or observed, one or two of the most critical challenges facing sport business leaders this decade.
- Describe one or two life experiences – related to social issues, diversity, ethics, etc. – that influence your expectations about the DeVos Program.
- Explain the impact that community service activities have made on you and others.
- What are you five- and ten-year career objectives and how will this assist you in reaching your objectives?
- All finalists will be required to have an interview.
- Competitive GMAT score