Free Printable Math Worksheets for Grade 4
This is a comprehensive collection of free printable math worksheets for grade 4, organized by topics such as addition, subtraction, mental math, place value, multiplication, division, long division, factors, measurement, fractions, and decimals. They are randomly generated, printable from your browser, and include the answer key. The worksheets support any fourth grade math program, but have been specifically designed to match Math Mammoth grade 4 curriculum.
The worksheets are randomly generated each time you click on the links below. You can also get a new, different one just by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5).
You can print them directly from your browser window, but first check how it looks like in the "Print Preview". If the worksheet does not fit the page, adjust the margins, header, and footer in the Page Setup settings of your browser. Another option is to adjust the "scale" to 95% or 90% in the Print Preview. Some browsers and printers have "Print to fit" option, which will automatically scale the worksheet to fit the printable area.
All worksheets come with an answer key placed on the 2nd page of the file.
Addition in columns
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 3-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 4 addends
- Adding 4-digit numbers, 5 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 2 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 3 addends
- Adding 5 and 6-digit numbers, 4 addends
Subtraction in columns
- Build a four-digit number from the parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 4-digit number (print in landscape)
- Build a 5-digit number from parts (print in landscape)
- Find the missing place value from a 5-digit number
- Build a 6-digit number from parts
- Find the missing place value from a 6-digit number
- Round to the nearest ten, within 1,000
- Round to the nearest hundred, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest thousand, within 10,000
- Round to the nearest ten thousand, within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 1 - round to the nearest 10 or 100
- Mixed rounding problems 2 - round to the nearest 10, 100, or 1000
- Mixed rounding problems 3 - as above but rounding to the underlined digit
- Mixed rounding problems 4 - round to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 within 1,000,000
- Mixed rounding problems 5 - round to any place value within 1,000,000
These are completely optional, as Roman Numerals are not included in the Common Core standards.
- Multiplication tables 2-10, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-12, random facts
- Multiplication tables 2-10, missing factor
- Multiplication tables 2-12, missing factor
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole hundreds
- Multiply a single-digit number by whole tens or whole hundreds
- Multiply single-digit numbers, whole tens, or whole hundreds by the same
- As above, but missing factor
- The same as above, but also including whole thousands
- As above, missing factor
- Multiply in parts 1: single-digit number by a 2-digit number
- Multiply in parts 2: single-digit number by a number near a whole hundred
- Multiply in parts 3: single-digit number by a 3-digit number
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, and parenthesis — four operations
Multiply in columns
- Division facts practice (tables 1-10)
- Division facts practice (tables 1-12)
- Missing dividend or divisor (basic facts)
- Divide by 10 or 100
- Divide by whole tens or hundreds
- Divide whole tens and whole hundreds by 1-digit numbers mentally
- Division with remainder within 1-100, based on basic facts
- Division with remainder within 1-100
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole ten
- Division with remainder, divisor a whole hundred
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — three operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — four operations
- Order of operations: add, subtract, multiply, divide, and parenthesis — five operations
- Division facts practice (using the long division symbol)
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 2-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 3-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, exact division
- Long division, 4-digit dividends, 1-digit divisor, remainders possible
The following worksheets are slightly beyond Common Core Standards for 4th grade, and are optional.
- Convert between millimeters & centimeters (for example, 34 mm = ___ cm ____ mm)
- Convert between centimeters & meters (for example, 2 m 65 cm = _____ cm)
- Mixed practice of the two above (millimeters, centimeters, and meters)
- Convert between meters and kilometers (for example, 2,584 m = ____ km _____ m)
- Mixed practice of the ones above (mm, cm, m, and km)
- Convert between milliliters and liters (for example, 2,584 ml = ____ L _____ ml)
- Convert between grams and kilograms (for example, 5 kg 600 g = ________ g)
- Mixed practice of the two above: ml & l and g & kg
- All metric units mentioned above - mixed practice
- Convert between inches and feet (e.g. 35 in. = ___ ft ___ in.)
- Convert whole miles & feet or yards
- Convert between ounces & pounds (e.g. 62 oz = ___ lb ___ oz)
- Convert between cups, pints, quarts, and gallons
- All customary units mentioned above - mixed practice
Fractions to mixed numbers or vv.
If you wish to have more control on the options such as number of problems or font size or spacing of problems, or range of numbers, just click on these links to use the worksheet generators yourself:
The fourth grade worksheets found here are meant to be used to supplement the work your child is already doing in school. Depending on your child's abilities, you may wish to review these third grade and fifth grade worksheets for additional practice materials.
In order to view and print worksheets from this site you will need Adobe Reader version 6 or later. You may download the latest version of the free Adobe Reader here.
Printing Tip: If a worksheet page does not appear properly, reload or refresh the .pdf file.
Find us on Google+
Fourth Grade Worksheets
Fourth Grade Math Worksheets
You may also enjoy these Timed Math Drills.
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Alien Addition Maze - Students will solve addition problems and color spaces containing the number 6 in the answer to help the alien find the spaceship.
Addition Worksheet 11 - This addition practice sheet includes adding three 4-digit numbers with no carrying.
Addition Worksheet 12 - Adding three 4-digit numbers with some carrying.
Subtract and Check - Students will solve subtraction problems and check their answers using addition.
Math Pyramid - Students will use their addition and subtraction skills to complete the math pyramids.
Add or Subtract Worksheet 4 - Students will practice addition and subtraction when they complete this math worksheet.
Math Practice - Students will answer questions, recognize a row and a column, and solve multiplication equations.
Lucky Leprechaun Multiplication - Students will multiply two 2-digit numbers when completing this fun holiday worksheet.
Multiplying by Two-Digit Numbers - This drill sheet provides practice multiplying 2 and 3-digit numbers by a 2-digit number.
Monster Math - Students will solve the multiplication problems then decode their answers to find five monster names including big foot and medusa.
Three-Digit Multiplication - Practice multiplying 4 and 5-digit numbers by a 3-digit number.
Three-Digit Multiplication Worksheet 2 - Students will multiply a 4-digit number by a 3-digit number.
Multiplication Drill Sheets 1-4 - Two pages in this set consist of multiplying 4-digits by a single digit number and two worksheets provide practice multiplying a 4-digit number by a 2-digit number.
Multiplication Practice Worksheet 5 - Students will find the product of two 2-digit numbers.
Reptile Mystery Math - Find the quotients and the names of five reptiles when completing this two page division worksheet. No remainders.
More Division Practice Worksheet 1 - Students will practice long division and learn how to check their answers.
Division Practice Worksheet A - Division practice with remainders.
Division Practice Worksheet - This worksheet provides practice dividing a 4-digit number by a 2-digit number with remainders and includes a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr.
Division Practice 2 - Divide a 4-digit number by a 1-digit number. Some problems have a remainder.
Division Practice Worksheet 12 - Students will practice dividing a 3-digit number by a 2-digit number. Some problems include a remainder.
Christmas Division Practice Worksheet 5 - Divide a 4-digit number by a 1-digit with no remainder.
Christmas Division Practice Worksheet 4 - Practice dividing a 3-digit number by a 1-digit number with a remainder.
Geometry and Measurement Worksheets
Identifying Triangles by Sides - Students will identify equilateral, isosceles, and scalene triangles.
Identifying Triangles by Angles - Students will learn about and identify acute, obtuse, and right triangles.
Identifying Angles Worksheet 1 - Students will identify acute, obtuse, right, and straight angles.
Perimeter Worksheet 4 - Find the missing value to make each statement true.
Perimeter Worksheet 2 - Solve for the missing measurement.
Find the Area - Students will use the floor plan provided to find the area for different parts of this house.
Introduction to Intersecting Lines - Students will identify the intersecting lines on this worksheet.
Introduction to Parallel Lines Worksheet - Students will identify the parallel lines on this worksheet.
Perpendicular Lines - Students will learn about and identify perpendicular lines when completing this worksheet.
Parts of a Circle Workseheet 1 - Students will learn about and identify the radius, diameter, and center of a circle.
Money Matters - Can your students solve these word problems?
The School Play - Students will solve a variety of word problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Word Problems Worksheet B - Solve these word problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems.
Division Word Problems - Division word problems with multiplication check.
Division Word Problems - Easy money division word problems with no remainders.
The Fourth Grade Grocer - Subtraction, multiplication, and division word problems.
School Supply Math - Students will divide to find the number classrooms who will receive new supplies.
Dime Store Math - Students will use their division skills to find quantities for a variety of items.
Decimal and Fraction Worksheets
Introduction to Adding Decimals - Instructions and sample problems for adding decimals when the addends have the same number of decimal places.
Multiplying Decimals Worksheet 1 - Basic drill sheet with thirty decimal multiplication problems.
Multiplying Decimals Secret Code - Students will multiply the decimals then solve a secret code to reveal a science related fact.
Sharpen Your Skills Worksheet 8 - Students will gain practice working with decimals and fractions.
Sharpen Your Skills Worksheet 5 - Students will write fractions as decimals and write the decimal to tell the shaded part of an object.
Reducing Fractions Worksheet 2 - Reduce the fractions to lowest terms.
Comparing Fractions - Basic fraction comparison worksheet.
Adding Fractions Worksheet 1 - Adding fractions with a common denominator.
Fractions Worksheet 4 - Students will reduce fractions to lowest terms and write improper fractions as mixed numbers.
Fourth Grade Fractions - Adding fractions with a common denominator.
Ordering the Parts - Draw the fractional parts then put them in order from least to greatest.
Fraction Riddles Worksheet 1 - Students must be familiar with fractions in order to solve these riddles!
Fractions of Time - Students must relate the periods of time to fractions.
Place Value Worksheets
Place Value Gumshoe - Students will determine the place value of digits to the ten thousands.
Place Value and Standard Form Students will write numbers in standard form and give the value of underlined digits.
Place Value Worksheet D - Tell which number is in the ones, tens, and hundreds place.
Place Value Worksheet C - Write numbers to the hundred thousands place in standard form and expanded notation.
Place Value Worksheet B - Write the place value of digits to the ten thousands place.
Place Value Worksheet A - Write the value of digits to the thousands place.
Comparing and Ordering Numbers
Money Review Worksheet 1 - Compare and order money from least to greatest and greatest to least.
Ordering Integers Worksheet B - Write the integers in order from least to greatest and greatest to least.
Ordering Integers - Order five integers from greatest to least and least to greatest.
Miscellaneous Math Worksheets
Sharpen Your Skills Worksheet 1 - Addition and multiplication practice for 4th-5th grade.
Writing Numbers Worksheets 3-5 - Students will write numbers using digits and words. The three worksheets increase in difficulty to hundred millions.
Writing Large Numbers in Standard Form - Writing numbers up to the hundred millions.
Math Who Am I? Worksheet 4 - Read the math vocabulary clues then use the code box to check your answers.
Number Detective Worksheet 2 Students will determine the unknown number for each statement.
Find the Average - Introduction to finding the average of three numbers. A word problem worksheet.
Fourth Grade English/Language Arts Worksheets
Cause and Effect Worksheet 1 - Compare and contrast text, thinking skills.
Complete or Incomplete Sentences Worksheet 1 - Identify each group of words as a sentence or an incomplete sentence.
Children's Authors Worksheet 3 - Rewrite sentences using the correct punctuation.
Using a or an - Students will complete each sentence with a or an.
Why Are They Nouns - Noun review and thinking skills.
Parts of Speech Matching - Draw a line from each definition to the part of speech it describes.
Reading A Label - Students will answer questions using a label from a healthy tonic bottle.
Reading the Want Ads - Read the want ads and answer the questions.
Using Homophones - Students will use pairs of homophones to complete sentences.
Dictionary Skills Review - Do your students know how to use a dictionary? This worksheet will help!
Scream to Scrubber - Students will use guide words and alphabetize twenty words.
Distant Diver Dictionary Worksheet - Students will determine the position of each word in relationship to the guide words distant and diver. An alphabetizing exercise is also included on this worksheet.
Haymow to Headrest - Practice with guide words and alphabetizing.
Thesaurus 1 - Students will use a thesaurus to complete this worksheet.
Word Wizard - Students will add a letter to the beginning of a group of words to make a new word or common phrase when they complete this challenging vocabulary worksheet.
The Newspaper - Although students probably get most of their news online, reading a newspaper is still a skill they should acquire. A local paper is required to complete this worksheet.
Fourth Grade Science Worksheets
Jupiter - Read the passage about Jupiter and answer the questions. A reading comprehension worksheet.
Your Five Senses - Sort words into five categories.
Collared Peccary - An informational coloring page.
Creatures of the Grand Canyon - Three worksheets focusing on animals of the Grand Canyon.
Space Shuttle Fact Sheet - Read about the space shuttle.
Bison Fact Sheet - Read about the American Buffalo.
Hidden Animals 2 - Fill in the missing letter in each animal name to find a hidden animal name.
Rain Forest Word Search - Students will find twelve words related to the rain forest in this puzzle.
Space Age Word Search Puzzle - Find a variety of words in the puzzle and write a short paragraph about two missions.
Hidden Animals - Can your students find the animals names hiding in these sentences?
Hurricane Scramble - Students will unscramble the names of twenty sea creatures and draw a picture of their favorite ocean animal.
Fourth Grade History and Social Studies Worksheets
Presidents Word Search - This file includes four word search puzzles with presidential trivia questions.
Fourth Grade Geography Worksheets
Map Skills - Use the legend to answer the questions.
Following Directions - Follow the directions to mark spots on the grid.
Map Study 1 - Students will study the U.S. map and answer the multiple choice questions. Beginning map skills.
What State Am I Series - This file includes four worksheets, covering all fifty states. Students will read each blurb gives the state nickname and a bit of trivia then draw a line to the state being described.
What State Am I Self-checking Worksheet - Students will read each clue and try to guess the name of seven states. They can check their answers using the answer box.
All worksheets created by Tracey Smith.
Did you know that . . .
This page has 96 printable fourth grade worksheets.