IESE 2016-2017 MBA Essay Tips and Application Deadlines
Posted by Chioma Isiadinso
IESE Business School consistently ranks among Europe’s best and attracts students from around the globe who are interested in living and working in one of the continent’s most vibrant cities.
MBA applicants hoping to join IESE’s program this year should keep the following 2016-2017 MBA application deadlines in mind:
– Round One: October 4
– Round Two: January 5
– Round Three: March 7
– Round 4: April 18
IESE’s MBA applicants are required to choose from one of two of the IESE 2016-2017 MBA essays, and can also submit an optional written or video answer addressing something they wish the application had asked.
The required IESE 2016-2017 MBA admissions essays are:
– Please describe a time when you had an idea that had a positive impact. (400 words)
– How do you develop yourself? What do you see as your development areas now? (400 words)
MBA applicants can only answer one of the two questions. Here are a few tips for choosing wisely and making the most of your IESE 2016-2017 MBA essay.
– Identify holes in your application: IESE places heavy emphasis on entrepreneurship. If you do not have start-up or entrepreneurial experience on your resume, answering the first question could help admissions board members understand how you bring an entrepreneurial attitude to your day-to-day work. The second question, on the other hand, could be more helpful for applicants needing to connect the dots between several jobs or career changes, or for those who need to further explain and emphasize their leadership experience.
– Rely on concrete examples: Use a few key statistics to powerfully demonstrate the impact of your idea. Or, use one vibrant anecdote or mental image to illustrate the central theme of your essay. Both of these writing techniques can make your essay linger in the reader’s mind long after they put it down.
– Connect your answer to IESE’s program: Whichever question you answer, you should use a few sentences to explain how the experience you are describing will impact your time at IESE. What problem-solving strategies or key lessons will you bring with you? How will you use your time there to develop yourself?
In addition to the required essay, 2016-2017 MBA applicants can submit a 200-word response or two-minute video response filling in the statement, “I wish that the application had asked me…” For most MBA applicants, this question provides an important opportunity to inject some personality into your application. Here are a few tips:
– Share an interest that you truly love: It is a treat to watch or listen to someone talking about a subject that they are truly and completely excited about. Choose a subject you are passionate about and share that excitement with the admissions committee.
– Address a concern: If you foresee any concerns with your application, now is the time to put the adcom’s fears at ease. Directly address potential concerns and do your best to provide a clear, honest explanation. After all, the best defense is often a good offense.
– For video, remember the details: IESE is not expecting professional-quality video, but a few small adjustments can make your video much crisper and more enjoyable. Position lights so that your face is lit from behind the camera. Minimize any distracting noise or images in the background. Speak slowly and clearly. Have a friend watch it with you to point out any flaws you might have missed.
You can contact EXPARTUS for help with your IMD MBA 2016-2017 essays.
When it comes to applying, there are four deadlines to choose from. We recommend sending your application prior to the deadline. That way you avoid the rush and get ahead with the process.
So the sooner you apply, the better. Applying early will give you more chances to earn a scholarship as well.
|Round||Application Deadline||Decision Released||Commitment Fee Due (Latest by)||Full Deposit Deadline|
|1||October 17, 2017||December 15, 2017||January 10, 2018||May 30, 2018|
|2||January 9, 2018||March 23, 2018||April 18, 2018|
|3||March 6, 2018||May 4, 2018||May 30, 2018|
|4||April 24, 2018||June 1, 2018||June 13, 2018||June 13, 2018|
Barcelona or New York? Where will meet us? Our Open Days are a sample of things to come in the MBA. Take part in an IESE Case Method session with one of our top professors, meet alumni and get to know the Admissions Committee.
|October 6, 2017||Barcelona||Sign up|
|December 1, 2017||Barcelona||Sign up|
|December 9, 2017||New York||Sign up|
|January 26, 2018||Barcelona||Sign up|
|March 3, 2018||New York||Sign up|
|March 16, 2018||Barcelona||Sign up|
|April 20, 2018||Barcelona||Sign up|
|April 28, 2018||New York||Sign up|
|May 25, 2018||Barcelona||Sign up|
|KEY DATES CLASS 2020|
|July-August, 2018||Move to Barcelona. Get ready for the MBA.||Reduced office hours on campus|
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
|August 20 - August 31, 2018*||Intensive Business Spanish classes||Optional - registration required|
|September 3-7, 2018*||Orientation Week||Mandatory|
|September 8, 2018*||Financial Accounting course||Optional - registration required|
|September 12, 2018*||First day of classes||Mandatory|
|December 21, 2018*||End 1st Term|
*Dates are subject to change.