Over the past decade, new technologies have come about having astronomically powerful impact on the economy. The leaps and bounds that the technology industry has taken weren’t always for the better. The downsides to all of these victories in man vs. machine have come with their problems and a price. These downfalls are far from over and we can expect a global conflict at the hands of technology in the near future. Technology has been used as a theft device in many respects, from jobs to copyrighted property. With unrestricted sources such as the internet, the ways to slow down this moral massacre are few and far between.
Many companies fear technology more than they embrace it. Taking the giant leap into the twenty-first century has frightened some veteran companies to enough to keep them from attempting anything as simple as a corporate website. In 1999, there were over 4,000 lawsuits against technologies. All of these claims were staked on the theory that these new technologies were a threat to the companies’ clients and profits (Economic Evaluation).
Such technologies included handheld devices for stock market observation or software that stored passwords to important restricted files. Devices such as these were originally designed to simplify the process of purchasing and trading stocks. Like-wise, such programs were developed to quicken access to files that may be time-crucial in monetary factors (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission).
Morality can also be weighed in as a large factor in the decision to integrate newer technologies into your personal corporate empire. Many business owners in their middle ages feel it down-right immoral to recruit machines as field workers (Atlas of U.S. Economy). A product still in beta-stage is one of a new breed of concepts. It is considered part of a new line of ‘smart technologies.’ This particular device has its user fill out a list of preferences and once completed, it acts as its user’s stock broker. It does all the bidding necessary according to its owner’s financial position and risk-taking preferences. However, this device may remain unreleased longer than originally anticipated due to strong protests by professional stock brokers and financial conservatives alike (Hugh Watson).
White-collar jobs aren’t the only district of profession that have been and will continue to be greatly affected by new technologies. The music industry has grown by leaps and bounds, especially in the last two years, with the advancement of a technology known as pro-tools. Pro-tools allow you to digitally record, edit, and duplicate your own music into a professional sounding project. Digital cut and paste techniques have simplified the recording process by enabling audio enhancements that older recording engineers would salivate over (Kelin J. Kuhn). The use of pro tools can turn any aspiring garage musician into the next record chart topper by opening the doors to any within a middle-class budget. However, many feel that this is perhaps a door that should have remained closed to these new arrivals. These technologies make much of the talent once needed to create these aural masterpieces obsolete (Impact Fall).
Even communication has been revolutionized time and time again by today’s advancements. The ever-growing fad of cell phones manages to multiply itself at an incredible rate year after year. With their introduction to society in the 1980’s, cell phones were rarely used. They were bulky and considerably expensive to maintain. Twenty years later, that same concept built off the idea of mobile communication can not only be found in the hands of corporate executives, but the children of part-time dishwashers. The resources needed to obtain and activate a cell phone have drastically decreased and continue to do so as the technology becomes more and more available (James M. O’Neill). Headset devices and microphones simplify the already childishly easy protocol of talking on the cell phone by freeing up the speaker’s hands. Around the bend for this phenomenon is a headset and microphone much like the ones available now, difference being the lack of central device. The actual phone part of this pocket communication network will but cut out all together. The receiver for the orbiting satellites will be in the earpiece of the device and dialing will be voice activated. The only thing keeping this advancement from release is a potential health risk that is still being investigated by health boards from possible radiation leaking from the receiver which would be located right next to the aural cavity (Kelin J. Kuhn).
Perhaps in the most literal interpretation of theft, piracy is a fast-growing phenomenon among adults and children alike. A face the music industry would like to (but never will) soon forget is that of a man named Shawn Fanning. Shawn Fanning created a program named Napster named after a nickname given to him by his friends. Napster made it possible for users to ‘share’ music files on their computer with other people simply by putting it in a folder that could be browsed by another computer outside the LAN. This angered many artists including a man named Lars Ulrich. Ulrich best known as the drummer for Metallica, sued Fanning and several frequent Napster users for illegally downloading Metallica MP3 files. This spelled the end for Napster. This pioneer gnutella program would eventually release a subscription version of its originally free program. However this release went ignored by a public now hooked on the file sharing frenzy (The Arizona Office of Public Affairs). The main gravitation of people flowed to another program known as Morpheus for their file sharing needs. Two key differences between Morpheus and Napster were that Morpheus didn’t just offer music, but additionally offered videos, documents, and software to any of its non-paying members. Also, it delivered the ability to download these media files from multiple users simultaneously, thus increasing download speeds drastically. Morpheus was the merged product of two sponsor-supported companies known as Music City and Kazaa. In the midst 2001 and all of Morpheus’ success, Music City made the overall fatal decision to follow suit with Napster and become a pay service. After this, Kazaa divided from the Morpheus merge to form its own program. Since many users agreed with Kazaa’s decision, the file sharing was not slowed at all. Kazaa’s rise in popularity couldn’t have come at a better time for the frequent internet user, this being because the rise of broadband internet subscribers was flourishing. Broadband internet (which is now used by 65% of CT residents and 47% of the total U.S. residents) increases internet interaction speed by exponential amounts. The simple act of downloading the newest Hollywood hit which would have taken days on dial-up internet can now be completed in a time window as small as an hour or two (Bob Jacobson).
The world leader in computer technologies, going by the name of Microsoft Inc. was subjected to an attack of piracy upon the release of their recent popular operating system Windows XP. The ‘Professional’ version of this software was pirated so massively that its product code had to be disabled from windows updates on the Microsoft site. Furthermore, one month before the scheduled legal release of this OS, it was already installed and running on 30,000 computers nationwide. This is a perfect example of one of the biggest known piracy problems. The ability to obtain and/or exploit a technology before it’s even supposed to be available to the general public. There’s a trial scheduled to commence on the piracy issue as a whole in early 2004 (Hugh Watson).
These issues cannot be solved with one simple solution. They come with many consequences attached no matter what is decided. Advancement is inevitable and can be very beneficial to any business. However, many developers of newer technologies see it fit to design their product for stealing or destroying. Regulation is most likely one of the best possible solutions to this problem. Many businesses could flourish if only they’d give into the obstacle of technology and accept it. Perhaps they wouldn’t be so apprehensive to do so if so many people weren’t developing their ideas only to hurt others morally and financially.
You can also order a high-quality custom essay, term paper, thesis, dissertation or research paper on technology from our professional custom research paper writing service which provides high-quality custom written papers.
5.00 avg. rating (91% score) - 1 vote
Tags: examples of research paper, research paper on technology, sample research paper, technology essays, technology research papers
The studying of many disciplines is impossible without independent research work, when students should improve their understanding of the topic and delve deeper into the details of an issue. That’s why students are often assigned research papers.
So, you have realized that you are ready to write your research paper. It’s obvious that before you start writing, you should pick the right topic and research paper type. Perhaps you have one or several cool research paper ideas, but are you sure that you will be able to write a good paper?
Before you will be ready to pick one from research topics, you should answer the following questions:
– Is there an issue that you are really interested in?
– Have you heard something controversial or curious in articles and mass media about the topic?
– Do you have enough information to make research?
– Does the topic meet your further research plans?
In any case, the best assistants when writing research papers are only reputable sources like libraries, open access journals, encyclopedias, reliable news, and academic sources. Various materials that you can find on the internet should help you choose a topic, so don’t skip any chance to get more ideas.
Make the most to find more research paper topics from which you can choose the most suitable for you. To pick the right topic, think twice! Make sure that it will be interesting both for you and your audience. Many topics were already covered by hundreds of students and it’s become a real quest to find interesting and innovative topics for research papers.
List of Topics and Ideas for a Research Paper
We have created an exhaustive list of topic ideas that would be a good basis for research papers. You can use them as they are or choose the direction they are leading to. We hope this list of good research paper topics will serve you as a good source of inspiration, so let’s check it out!
Marketing Research Paper Topics
- Marketing in the healthcare industry: overcoming characteristic features and following trends.
- The relationship between cultural indicators and attitudes toward ads.
- Retro design and nostalgic marketing: influence of nostalgic trends in consumer behavior.
- Quantitative research of consumer attitude toward food product advertising.
- The peculiarities of sporting event marketing and promotion of tourist destinations.
- The impact of religious traditions on tourism marketing and its commodification.
- Analysis of characteristics the content should have to help advertisements go viral.
- Marketing analysis of the intelligence property market and its peculiarities.
- Peculiarities of marketing strategies and market analysis in the video game industry.
- Using symbols as a marketing tool in the example of Starbucks.
International Business Research Paper Topics
- What is Baidu? Describe what products it does and what perspectives it has.
- How can MME (Multi-National Enterprises) and global institutions contribute to global sustainability in the fishing industry?
- How do US corporations like Microsoft cheat with tax and profits? (check out our tax research paper about US corporations)
- What is the financial state of TATA Motors? What are the perspectives?
- What challenges has Netflix faced during the launch in India? What strategies does Netflix implement in developing markets?
- What distinctive characteristics does China’s internet have compared to the US?
- What problems does Uber face? What should be done to avoid them?
- What retail assortment management strategies does Amazon implement?
- Why global computing companies like IBM move their centers to India?
- What is Ethereum and how can it be used in business processes? (read an Ethereum research paper sample to find out the answer)
Find more international business research paper topics.
Economics Research Paper Topics
- What are the principles of monopoly power? What are functioning and regulation problems of a monopoly?
- Should the Adani Carmichael mine be supported? Describe the situation and possible solutions.
- What were the main causes of the Asian currency crisis in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and Korea?
- Describe Sino-Pakistani cooperation and the history of rapprochement of relations between Pakistan and India.
- What is intelligence-led policing (ILP)? What strengths and weaknesses have been identified with this model of policing?
- What influence does the federal reserve system have on the US economy?
- Competitive risk assessment and the estimated target market.
- Economic issue of importance in food policy. How can food policy prevent world hunger?
- Discuss the role of the WTO in freeing the world trade during the past 10 years.
- Should the government classify Bitcoin as a legal currency?
Medical Research Paper Topics
- How can children’s drawings help with the diagnosis of psychological and somatic disorders?
- How does epidemiological monitoring influence the changing approaches in asthma treatment?
- How to evaluate risk factors of osteoarthritis and prescribe contemporary therapy?
- How to handle pain among newborns? How to prevent pain or minimize the level of a newborn’s discomfort?
- How does over-attention relate to obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)? What is the exact behavior of over-attention? (you will find the OCP Disorder Research Paper here soon)
- What are characteristics of viral and alcoholic cirrhosis? What differences are in disease management?
- Does proper nutrition and dieting influence the development of dementia? (read the full Dementia Research Paper about Proper Nutrition)
- What treatment is the most effective for blunt chest trauma care in acute nursing?
- What treatment should be chosen for managing patients with HPV in the reproductive age?
- What therapy should be chosen for functional disorders of digestion in children?
History Research Paper Topics
- Why did Italian cities turn to minting gold in the thirteenth century?
- Is it helpful to describe the Agora in Athens as a ‘zone of competitive reciprocity’?
- Analyze etymology resources of a word’s history and stories.
- Discuss conventional theories and causes of the Great War.
- What was the background and consequences of the Battle of Jerusalem 1917?
- How did the American Revolution influence women’s rights? (find more details in our Women’s Rights Research Paper sample)
- What was the significance of chivarlic code and how did it work?
- How did Japan’s food culture transform through the centuries?
- What was the most important figure in the history of Christianity?
- Ancient traditions of the Amazon: territorial and religious aspects.
IT and Technology Research Paper Topics
- What is net neutrality and where can it lead to?
- What technological innovations are developed in mechanical engineering?
- How to protect automotive software of smart cars from cyber attacks?
- What does “NextGen” mean for business aviation?
- What are solutions in the current problem of the mobile payment systems in Walmart?
- How can automation and smart service improve HR services?
- Describe the Big Data technologies and their opportunities on the market.
- What strategies are implemented for sharing intellectual property?
- What are the prospects of online privacy security? Can it be real?
- What opportunities does a virtual reality business have?
Business Research Paper Topics
- How to build trust and bid for a price in negotiations?
- Do bonuses boost the effectiveness of sales?
- Does gender diversity enhance the financial success of the company?
- How should competitors of the same industry collaborate and why?
- Should the companies create the new product or first announce the idea to consumers and analyze their reaction?
- What are the effects of inaccessibility to a company’s mobile application?
- How can inviting millennials to management positions help the business?
- What helps some companies stand out during negative macro shocks?
- How do consumers conclude that certain goods are worth their prices?
- Which strategy saved IBM from insolvency?
Find more business topics for research paper.
Art History Research Paper Topics
- How was the human body represented in the works of the epoch of the Renaissance?
- What was the function of Egyptian art? Why were people not supposed to see it?
- What were the specifics of depicting scenes from the life of Christ in medieval Europe?
- What are common types of mosque architecture?
- What is the historical significance of “The Death of General Wolfe” – the painting by Benjamin West?
- Why was futurism the most politicized movement in the 20th century?
- How did Francis Bacon and the scientific revolution influence art?
- What similar characteristics do paintings of the time of the French Revolution and ancient Greek art have and why?
- How have Impressionists changed the hierarchy of subject matter in art? (here is the Impressionism Research Paper Sample)
- What significant changes did Andy Warhol bring to the advertising industry through his art?
Check out more art history research paper topics.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Psychological effects of child molestation that can cause problems in personal relationships.
- Should parents ban children from playing with toys “out of their gender?”
- How should parents identify the gender of children with ambiguous genitalia?
- Are there differences in psychological needs of people who cause themselves suicidal and non-suicidal harm?
- How does same-sex parenting affect children?
- What similar traits do prematurely born children have?
- Are crying and maltreatment connected for children?
- To what extent should law regulate family affairs?
- Does the person who relates to several groups have many selves?
- Do children benefit from growing up in nuclear families? (read more in our Nuclear Families Research Paper Sample)
Sociology Research Paper Topics
- What is the impact of overcrowded prisons on American society?
- Can movies change the value systems of people? (check the sample of Research Paper on Movies and People Values)
- How can commercialization of organ transplants affect the amount of people saved due to transplantation? (check out our Organ Donation Research Paper)
- Do backup cameras set up on a car invade people’s privacy? (see the details in our Research Paper on Privacy of Backup Cameras)
- Can Islamophobia be considered as religious discrimination? (read the Islamophobia Research Paper)
- Are US driving laws more driver or pedestrian oriented? (check Research Paper Sample on US Driving Laws)
- Should Facebook be censored?
- How to protect informational safety in the era of social media?
- Should the government provide homeless children with education?
- What sphere negatively influences democratic journalism more significantly – politics or business?
Literature Research Paper Topics
- What role does size play in Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels? What does the size symbolize?
- What does Mama’s plant symbolyze and how does this symbol develop throughout the novel A Raisin in the Sun?
- How has the role of the dream changed from Alice in Wonderland to Through the Looking-Glass?
- Through which characters and how is the theme of alienation from society revealed in Crime and Punishment?
- Does Jane Austen criticize women’s views on marriage of her era in Pride and Prejudice? (look through Pride and Prejudice Research Paper)
- How is the theme of superiority of youth and beauty depicted in The Picture of Dorian Gray? (The Picture of Dorian Gray Research Paper Sample will be available soon)
- Why can’t Claude Frollo be considered a typical antihero in The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
- How is the theme of animal instinct depicted in All Quiet on the Western Front? (All Quiet on the Western Front Research Paper will be available soon)
- How does the setting influence the perception of the story in The Great Gatsby?
- Which literary works are referred to in Fahrenheit 451 and why?
Drugs and Drug Abuse Research Paper Topics
- Is Marijuana a “gateway” or a “stepping stone” drug?
- Pathways to the disease and pathophysiological perspectives of heroin addiction.
- Prevention of substance abuse and addictions through counseling at-risk youth.
- Alcohol and drug abuse among homeless and runaway adolescents.
- Treatment research of addiction and substance abuse.
- Principles of drug abuse treatment for the criminal justice system.
- Prevention of prescription drug overdose and abuse.
- Substance abuse rates and treatment within LGTB communities.
- Side effects of principal doping substances.
- Pros and cons of drug testing among college students.
Education Research Paper Topics
- The effect of computers on students’ performance.
- Aspects and main principles of adolescent psychology.
- The role of prayer in schools and colleges.
- Social effects of teenage team sports in public schools.
- Psychological aspects of bullying in schools in the US.
- Future of digital learning at educational institutions.
- Using cognitive psychology in the learning process.
- Dynamic aspects of teenage friendships and educational attainment.
- Effects of standardized testing on the learning process.
- Pros and cons of home schooling compared to attending public schools.
Sports Research Paper Topics
- The reasons why chess should be considered a sport.
- Factors which influence the difference in female and male salaries in sports.
- The ways to reduce fan aggression that is enhanced by media.
- The appropriateness of women coaching men’s teams and vice versa.
- Sport betting should be prohibited as gambling.
- The role of sports in overcoming posttraumatic syndrome.
- The effect of age on the performance of athletes.
- Cheerleading should be banned for girls and boys aged under 18 for excessive sexualization of this type of sport. (check out our Cheerleading Research Paper Sample)
- The influence of athletes’ sexual orientation on their image and reputation.
- The most cruel kinds of sports that should be prohibited.
Find more sports research paper topics.