2017 New Student Checklist
Welcome to the Levin College of Law!
We are so excited for you to join our law school family. Here is some useful information that you should look over and things you need to do before orientation.
Things you need to do:
Obtain a UFID Number
Your University of Florida identification number (UFID) is assigned to you by the university, and becomes the identifier for all transactions and services where personally identifiable information is required. You can use this link to figure out your UFID number.
Set up Gatorlink/Gator Web Mail
- This is your school e-mail account and how you receive important information – make sure to set it up before orientation, and for your benefit ASAP!
- If you don’t have a GatorLink account yet, you can create an account using the “Create Account” link.
- Update your directory profile. Go to myUFL and login with your Gatorlink ID and password. From there you will go to the Main Menu and then to My Account and click on Update my directory profile and put in your ufl.edu e-mail address and other appropriate information.
Clear Holds – ONE.UF
Through this student self-service system you can see if you have outstanding fees or holds, and view your course schedule once you are registered. It is important that you check your ONE.UF account for any holds and clear them so that Student Affairs will be able to register you for courses (by July 14, 2017 for incoming 1L students).
You may find the following holds on your account and possibly others:
Identify your Registration Hold
Go to https://one.uf.edu/ select “Holds”. Once you log in, your hold(s) will be displayed and you will be given instructions on how to resolve the issue. The most common holds are Emergency Contact Holds, Immunization Holds and Registration Preparation Holds (see more on these holds below).
Emergency Contact Hold
The University of Florida has a comprehensive emergency notification plan. In addition to contacting students by email or through the UF web site, this plan allows the University to text message students should an emergency arise. The information provided will not be used for any purpose other than the emergency contact function.
Please complete the steps listed below in order to remove an emergency contact hold:
Log on to the myUFL portal. http://www.my.ufl.edu/ps/signon.html
From the “Main Menu”, go to “My Account” and choose “Update Emergency Contact”.
Follow the instructions.
The University of Florida has an immunization requirement for all students who intend to enroll in courses. This hold indicates that you have not returned your immunization form or sections of it were not completed correctly. Remember the physician must sign, date and stamp the form. Please complete the Mandatory Immunization and Health History Form found at http://healthcompliance.shcc.ufl.edu/
You may download the form and fax or mail it to the address provided on the form. If you attended UF as an undergraduate (and therefore already have your record on file) and if none of your records, history, etc. has changed, you do not need to complete a new form. If you attended UF and have this hold, please contact the Student Health Care Center to have your information corrected and the hold removed.
If you have questions or need assistance with this requirement, you may contact the Student Health Care Center – Immunizations at 352-294-7472.
Registration Preparation Hold– Fall
This hold means that you may not register for fall classes because you have not accepted the terms of enrollment. Please go to ONE.UF (https://one.uf.edu/) to accept the terms of enrollment for Fall semester (under Registration, Registration Prep).
All holds must be cleared by Wednesday, July 5, 2017, for incoming 1L students.
Things you need to send us:
Make sure this is completed and sent in ASAP – you cannot be registered without it. If you graduated from UF after 2000, you do not need to resubmit this form. Any questions? Please contact the University of Florida, Student Health Care Center – Immunizations at (352) 294-7472. Download the immunization form
Gator 1 ID Card
Every Law student needs a Gator 1 ID card with “Levin College of Law” printed on it. Among other things, at the Law school this card serves as identification and allows you to enter Law buildings in the evenings and to check out study rooms in the Law Library. Even former UF students need to get a NEW ID card.
As a service to incoming students, the Levin College of Law Office of Student Affairs and the UF ID Card Services Office have teamed up to offer you a new simpler, faster option for obtaining your Gator 1 card. You may submit a photo to UF Law and we will get your Gator 1 card printed and ready for you. You will then receive your Gator 1 card when you check-in on the first day of the ILSP. There is no extra charge for this service. The cost of the Gator 1 Card is $15.00 and that amount will be billed to your UF account.
To take advantage of this service, you must submit an appropriate photo to Minnie DeMoura, email@example.com by July 5, 2017. By e-mailing your photo to Minnie DeMoura, you authorize the Levin College of Law Office of Student Affairs to provide that photo to the UF ID Card Services Office for printing of your Gator 1 ID card and to keep that image for the purpose of publication, either in print or electronically, for administration and faculty. Due to timing constraints, transfer/visiting students may need to go in person to the UF ID Card Services Office at the UF Bookstore & Welcome Center to have their picture taken for this card.
Please follow these guidelines for selecting a photograph to submit:
- The photo must be a clear head shot, facing the direction of the camera.
- The background must be a light solid color or plain surface. No photos with a “busy” or complicated background can be used. The photo should not include anyone else (or anyone else’s appendages) with you.
- Do not submit photos that feature you wearing sunglasses, hats, or other head/face garments.
- The photo must be a recent picture.
- The photo must be in the JPEG image file format.
Any late photo submissions will be unable to be processed and you will have to obtain your Gator 1 ID card on your own by visiting the UFID Card Services Office at the UF Bookstore & Welcome Center. If you have already obtained your Gator 1 ID card, please submit a photo to Minnie DeMoura for Law School use; you will not be charged again as the charge is only for the printing of the card. If you obtained your Gator 1 ID card without “Levin College of Law” on it, you must submit a photo to Minnie DeMoura and you will be charged $15 again (unless it was the fault of the UF ID Card Services Office – please check with them if this applies to you).
All entering students are required to purchase the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan unless proof of comparable coverage is provided. Students are required to show proof of adequate health insurance as a condition of enrollment. More information, including insurance coverage guidelines, frequently asked questions, and how to submit one’s insurance information can be found at http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu.
If you earned your Bachelor’s degree at UF, you do not have to make arrangements to submit an official final transcript since it will already be on file.
All other incoming students must submit an official final transcript, showing conferral of a Bachelor’s degree, prior to matriculation. Official final transcripts should be submitted to LSAC in the same manner you provided preliminary transcripts during the initial application process.
Students may also provide graduate or professional school transcripts, plus any transcripts showing credits transferred towards undergraduate degrees, if applicable. These additional transcripts, while not required, will be added to your UF record should you provide them.
Things you need to know:
Fees & Payment
All incoming 1L students are automatically registered for 15 credit hours. It is very important to note that the University of Florida is a self-fee assessing university, which means that you will NOT receive a bill for your tuition. You must access and pay your own fees by the stated deadlines unless you have some form of deferment. For more information, visit the University Bursar. If you are receiving financial aid, the fees will be automatically deducted from your aid.
First Day Assignments
First day assignments are updated often as professors provide the needed information. Please keep checking the site to see if your courses have first day assignments. Not all courses have first day assignments though so do not be alarmed if you do not see any or all of your professors listed. You will likely find out more information about this during orientation.
Accessing Online Course Materials (eLearning, TWEN, WebCourses)
- You will learn how to access online course materials through eLearning, TWEN (Westlaw), and WebCourses via email by August. Once you get a log-on, you can register for courses that teachers have set up an account for.
- Most teachers (but not all) post assignments and other important information on here. Some even post the first-day assignments on here.
- This is the software program most professors use to give exams. Towards the middle of fall, an e-mail will be sent out with log-in information. You will want to follow the instructions so that you will be prepared to take exams.
Law School’s laptop policy and requirements:
Prepare Your Laptop to Access the UF Wireless Network
- Prior to the orientation, you need to prepare your laptop to access wireless on campus. In order to connect, please follow these steps:
- Using your laptop or other wireless device, go to the UF Wireless Service site
- Click on the orange “Auto Configuration” button.
- Follow the instructions that will guide you through the process.
- If the automatic process fails, please follow the manual set-up instructions for your operating system, located here.
- Note for Mac and Windows users, please be aware that after completing these previous steps, your laptop will be scanned for the latest anti-virus software. If none is found, you will be presented with an option to download a free anti-virus software package. You must have an up-to-date anti-virus software package installed to gain access to the UF wireless network.
- If you are still unable to access the wireless network after completing the above steps, contact the UF Law Technology Services Department from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday or the UF Computing Help Desk for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Parking is very limited at the law school and around campus.
- As such, we strongly encourage students to live close to the law school and walk, bike or use public transportation.
- Students can ride any RTS bus free when they present a valid Gator 1 card. In many cases it is more convenient to utilize the free bus service and other forms of transportation than drive a vehicle to campus. Many routes (SW 34 St., SW 20th Avenue, SW Archer Road) have 8-10 minutes service during normal university hours. Schedules vary during holidays and official university scheduled breaks. All routes are wheelchair accessible and buses are equipped with bike racks.
- There are approximately ninety parking spaces available at the Campus Church of Christ, a few blocks down from the Law School on SW 2nd Ave. If you purchase a decal at the church, you are guaranteed a spot there. Campus Church has an application on their website www.campuscofc.org under COMMUNITY> COLLEGE, go to the bottom of the page. Campus Church charges $50.00 for Fall and Spring Semesters and $30 for Summer Semester. They accept cash or checks only. You can contact them at: 352-378-1471.
- For on campus decals for law students (law school parking lot uses Green decals)- sign up online If you choose to buy a green decal, due to the parking issues, it is important that you arrive at the law school approximately 1 hour before your class, since there is never a guarantee of finding a space.
- Lockers are first come, first served, and are located throughout Bruton-Geer Hall. Fall 2017 new students may claim their lockers beginning Tuesday, August 8, 2017 and returning students will be able to claim lockers beginning on Thursday, August 10, 2017.
- If you entered and won the lottery for student tickets you can sit with your fellow law students as a member of the UF Law block. You can get into the block once tickets are awarded.
- To be a part of the block, you need to take your Gator 1 ID to the football ticket office (located on the east side of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium). There, ask to be scanned into the law school block. If you do not have your ID scanned by Monday morning of the week of the game, you will not be in the block.
Do you need help with with essay, research paper, homework or even dissertation?
Visit our website — https://goo.gl/HKbmHS (assignmenthelp24.com)
=================>>>GET ASSIGNMENT HELP<<<=================
=================>>>GET ASSIGNMENT HELP<<<=================
=================>>>GET ASSIGNMENT HELP<<<=================
concert jaoui dessay lakme
write an annotated bibliography of three references on innovation and strategic management
essay about environment pmr
new grad nurse practitioner cover letter examples
welfare of my society depends on my well being in essay
vet school application essays for pharmacy
courtesy essay for 10th class
north korea vs south korea comparison essay
what is applied anthropology essay ideas
brookhaven college nursing admissions essays
argumentative gun control essay topics
to kill a mockingbird essay plans
rashomon narrative analysis essay
discussion essay linking Admission Essay Writing Services words in english grammar
bmat essay scoring online
real estate sample cover letters
mini ab usb pinout assignment
need help with your essay’s organizational pattern
library english essayist
photoshop practice assignments for 6th
advice for college admissions essays format
essays on why i am attending college
work life balance dissertation pdf creator
about good teacher essay questions
david sedaris me talk pretty one day essay analysis conclusion
melter essayer wikia
literary analysis theme essay graphic organizer
author intention literary criticism essay
itq level 1 assignments meaning
early marriage opinion essay
ocr 2013 physics gcse coursework
doctoral dissertation length average
difference between needs and wants essays
national russian essay contest 2012
water crisis in california essay
quarterly essay isis
advanced higher history dissertation introduction format
bases of power by etzioni essay
oeds jongsma homework
grade 5 thesis statements
therapeutic relationship nursing essay
verbal visual essay assignment for romeo
hand shadows poem analysis essay
ibiza essay help
mla research paper citation generator
case study report bunions
cause and effect essays topics interesting articles
toulmin method sample essay questions
etudes germaniques yoko tawada dissertation
pdf essay writing tips
essay past papers css 2015 written
law review note thesis statements
case study appendix examples mla
as applied business unit 2 coursework assignment
sample essay report pmr sports day clip
ruth schwaiger dissertation
essays on why women stay with men who abuse them
hershey Admission Essay Writing Services erp case study
define yourself essay samples
uop help homework
cover letter examples for teaching positions
mla essay section headings
case study of google app engine ppt template
essay on environment in telugu language wikipedia
the rear guard poem essay
legal intern cover letter examples
motifs in macbeth essay questions
biological explanations of schizophrenia essay plan
bowling for columbine opinion essay template
animal cruelty essay conclusion transitions
case study design and stated purpose
essay on road safety and traffic rules in the philippines
nfl playoff referee assignment
lagrange gleichungen 1 art beispiel essay
ang kahalagahan ng edukasyon para sa akin essaytyper
d ei ed assignment help
20th century modernism essays on education
difference between cause and effect essay on divorce
free printable homework passes for teachers
indeterminate forms and l’hospital’s rule homework sheets
essay writers craigslist orange
reference website essay harvard style citations
pre written essays apa
point of view essay prompts for frankenstein
ged essay com
introduction paragraph for process essay
advantages of wearing school uniforms essay against
Admission Essay Writing Services sweden vs usa socialism vs capitalism essay
bank teller cover letter with cashier experience
essays on racism and slavery Admission Essay Writing Services
north and south korea comparison essay format
why become an accountant essay
bibliography reference websites mla
the lovely bones critical essay
examples of essays written in third person
pocket money opinion essay rubric
assocrics case study example
student rickrolls teacher in essay quotation
solartronics inc. case study solutions
essay on mongoose
essay about my profession
after school homework routines
stanislavski techniques essay examples
national d day museum online essay contests
eco tourism exploiting natural resources essay
importance road safety essay
postgraduate personal statement imperial college
ferris bueller cameron analysis essay
studying abroad disadvantages essay typer
essay on heart surgery
free essay violent video games
essays honor bruce whittlesea
should smoking be banned completely essay topics
american research paper topics
annotated bibliography transition words
walter benjamin essays on friendship
note making in english example essays
isee practice essay topics
describe your most significant leadership experience essay
deluxe corporation finance case study
b tech assignments due
case study stubble trouble animation
klauder homework hotline
cover letter how to write salary expectations letter
the witches in macbeth prophecies essay
define bibliography in research methodology
protein primary structure analysis essay
adr arbitration and mediation a Admission Essay Writing Services collection of essays
english essay topics for b.a
kohler homework 9
phoenician empire essays
good essay conclusion transitions
essay contest high school students 2015
free sample cover letter for substitute teacher
as french essays example
college writing prompts assignment
thesis statement and topic sentence outline example
building case study ppt examples
gun control persuasive essay conclusion template
jacob m. appel’s essay she loves me not
college essay tell us about yourself examples of personification
williams supplement essay examples
name of the rose movie analysis essay
technology development cover letters
vallandigham uf law first day assignments
twelfth night true love essay
7th composing confidence edition effective essay paragraph writing
essay writing abstract introduction
informed consent in Admission Essay Writing Services health care research paper
writing the essay 2015 2016 art & the world